You're the Worst returns for its second season on Wednesday (10:30/9:30c, FXX), and judging from two screener episodes given to critics, it's funnier, raunchier and ballsier than ever.
If you're not already watching You're the Worst (what's wrong with you!?), ) you're in for a treat. All 10 episodes of Season 1 are available to binge-watch on Hulu or FX Now.
Need more? Check out 15 reasons why You're the Worst is the best comedy on TV right now. [Warning: The following contains language and situations that may be offensive to some, but delightful to others.]
1. Its love story is on point. Writer Jimmy (Chris Geere) and music PR rep Gretchen (Aya Cash) are two of the most self-involved, debauched people in Los Angeles, but somehow that combo translates into a beautiful, toxic glory. After what was supposed to be a one-night stand, check out how their relationship started:
2. The love story extends to food...
3. ... and drink
4. Sunday Funday incorporates all of these loves.
5. But really, every step of Jimmy and Gretchen's romance is the worst. Like when they decided to be exclusive:
7. But Lindsay is determined. Like when she tried to snort coke off herself:
8. And learned what feminism is not.
9. Edgar is probably the most caring of the bunch.
10. Maybe it's because he has PTSD.
11. Gretchen's client Sam (Brandon Mychal Smith) is also the worst. But he's astute:
12. And he understands the virtue of waking early.
13. And he can't be bothered with your narrow labels.
14. But in the end, nobody's perfect. And they know it.
15. Which makes this show damn well perfect for us. And we love this theme song:
You're the Worst returns Wednesday at 10:30/9:30c on FXX. Check out the trailer for Season 2 below: