Was this the best Super Bowl ever? With suspense and Springsteen, what more could we ask for? (Besides a couple of plays that seemed impossible?) Here are our Top Moments of Super Bowl 2009:
8. Best You-Are-Watching-the-Super Bowl Moment: Rebounding from profound personal tragedy, Jennifer Hudson provides an inspiring rendition of the national anthem as Steelers fans wave the Terrible Towel and jets fly overhead. Cut to the first commercial for (potential) summer blockbuster G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and... Yeah, you're definitely watching the Super Bowl.
7. People Who Should Be Ashamed: Bob Dylan. A cola commercial is one thing, but a cola commercial that paints will.i.am as your successor?
6. Sports Historians' Top Moment: Pittsburgh's James Harrison carries an interception 100 yards — for the longest play in Super Bowl history — and ends his run by smashing his skull into the end zone. That, folks, is called heart.
5. Bob Dylan Successor Who Should Be Anything But Ashamed: Bruce Springsteen. Because instead of coming to the Super Bowl, he makes the Super Bowl come to him. And slides on his knees, into the camera. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!
4. Best Series of Commercials: Budweiser's Clydesdales bring tears to our eyes numerous times. Workhorses are just so. Darn. Cute. Especially when they're invading the circus.
3. Movie We Most Want to See: Star Trek, because Kirk and Spock look pretty hot. And Race to Witch Mountain, because Dwayne Johnson is so. Darn. Cute.
2. Snack Food We Most Want to Eat: Doritos, because what this country needs now is for money to fly out of cash machines. And for hot people's clothes to fall off.
1. Whuuuuuut Award: With 35 seconds remaining, Pittsburgh's Santonio Holmes receives a touchdown pass — and is in-bounds by the tips of his toes. It's gotta be the shoes.