Round One of the Sheen family face-off is history, and the winner is... unclear. In their first head-to-head Wednesday-night duel, Martin Sheen's NBC drama, The West Wing, beat Charlie Sheen's debut on ABC's Spin City in total households. However, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings, the season premiere of Spin came out on top in several key demos, including the coveted adults 18-49 bracket. What's more, Spin was up 8 percent over last year's opener, when Michael J. Fox was still the star. Elsewhere, the second episode of Bette held up well at 8 pm, finishing behind only Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Conversely, NBC's Titans continues to shrink. The Aaron Spelling soap came in a distant third in its time period.
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York