Day 4 of the Rio Olympics will feature Team USA going for a second straight gold in the women's gymnastics team final and Michael Phelps' first individual event final. Here's the big stuff you should keep an eye out for on Tuesday, Aug. 9 (all times ET).
Gymnastics, women's team final
When: 3:00 p.m. (live); 8:00 p.m. (tape delay)
In a sport of tenths and hundredths, the American women are expected to demolish the competition by points to win their second straight team gold and third overall. They qualified first with a 10-point (!) spread over China. How big will the final point spread be? Greatest of All Time-in-the-making Simone Biles will lead the way on a team that includes Fierce Five alums Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas — the first U.S. gymnasts to make back-to-back Olympics since 2000 — and rookies Laurie Hernandez and Madison Kocian.
Swimming, men's 200-meter butterfly final
When: 9:28 p.m.
Phelps will try to reclaim the gold in his signature event from South African Chad le Clos, who stunningly upset him in London and hasn't gotten out of his face about it. Phelps qualified second; le Clos, fourth.
Soccer, women's preliminary round — United States vs. Colombia
When: 6:00 p.m.
The U.S. women will close out their group play with a match against Colombia, after going 2-0 against New Zealand and France. The reigning World Cup champs are seeking their fifth Olympic gold.
Other medal events:
- Equestrian, team eventing (9:00 a.m.)
- Equestrian, individual eventing (1:00 p.m.)
- Canoe/kayak, men's canoe slalom (2:16 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, women's 63 kilogram (2:30 p.m.)
- Shooting, women's 25-meter pistol (3:00 p.m.)
- Diving, women's synchronized 10-meter platform (bronze medal match at 3:00 p.m.; gold medal match at 3:15 p.m.)
- Judo, women's 63 kilogram (bronze medal bouts at 3:26 p.m.; gold medal bout at 3:40 p.m.)
- Judo, men's 81 kilogram (bronze mendal bouts at 3:47 p.m.; gold medal bout at 4:01 p.m.)
- Fencing, men's individual epee (bronze medal bout at 4:15 p.m.; gold medal bout at 4:45 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, men's 69 kilogram (6:00 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 200-meter freestyle (9:19 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 200-meter individual medley (10:29 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 4x200-meter freestyle relay (10:38 p.m.)