As expected, Regis Philbin named 31-year-old All My Children star Kelly Ripa as his new sparring partner on this morning's Live with Regis. Her appointment takes effect next Monday, when the show will be retitled Live with Regis & Kelly. "She's here and she ain't leaving," Philbin joked as he made the announcement alongside Ripa, who succeeds Kathie Lee Gifford. Like Philbin, who commutes between Live and ABC's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Ripa will juggle AMC (also an ABC show) with her new day job. "I think it's an ABC policy that you must work two jobs," Ripa cracked. Added Philbin: "Between the two of us, we've got 40 percent of the schedule covered. If we go down, ABC is over."
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. Bullseye: Amazing New Competition Series
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia