Behind-the-scenes shake-ups are haunting Fox's new supernatural series, freakylinks, which was conceived by Blair Witch Project producer Gregg Hale. A show spokeswoman confirms that executive producer Tommy Thompson has "left due to creative differences" and is being replaced by his former right-hand man, David Simkins. Trouble was already brewing last month, when Thompson sat down with TV Guide Online to discuss his plans for the spookfest. "It's tough right now," he admitted. "There's a lot of people involved and everybody's got their own vision of the show. That's the frustrating part. I had a meeting [with Fox] where they changed the title [from Fearsum] and I'd put in two months of work on a lot of stories that suddenly went out the window that was really hard." freakylinks stars Ethan Embry best known as Jennifer Love Hewitt's doe-eyed suitor in 1998's Can't Hardly Wait as the leader of a pack of twentysomething sleuths who investigate paranormal events for a web site. Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Hollyweird, a similarly themed effort by Wes Craven and Shaun Cassidy scrapped by Fox two years ago. freakylinks debuts Oct. 6.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: You Can't Take Command
- 7. Empire: Pilot