The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has scrapped a Dukes of Hazzard-themed July show featuring drop-bys from John Schneider and Tom Wopat, because some community members find the classic TV series - which costars a Confederate-flag-emblazoned car - racist and offensive. "It's a huge shock to me that in this day and age, people could be so narrow-minded," Schneider tells the Associated Press, adding that those in charge should examine "their knee-jerk reactions to someone else's prejudice and bigotry." The Pops, which consulted with a head-shaking NAACP, says in a statement, "We decided that some of the messages conveyed in the program are not consistent with [our] efforts to reach out to all [people]." Besides, they thought they'd be getting Jessica in a bikini.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York