The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has scrapped a Dukes of Hazzard-themed July show featuring drop-bys from John Schneider and Tom Wopat, because some community members find the classic TV series - which costars a Confederate-flag-emblazoned car - racist and offensive. "It's a huge shock to me that in this day and age, people could be so narrow-minded," Schneider tells the Associated Press, adding that those in charge should examine "their knee-jerk reactions to someone else's prejudice and bigotry." The Pops, which consulted with a head-shaking NAACP, says in a statement, "We decided that some of the messages conveyed in the program are not consistent with [our] efforts to reach out to all [people]." Besides, they thought they'd be getting Jessica in a bikini.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life