ABC apparently felt Charlie Brown wasn't getting enough respect at CBS. The Millionaire network outbid CBS for broadcast rights to all three Charlie Brown animated holiday specials: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and A Charlie Brown Christmas. CBS has aired the Peanuts classics for the past 35 years. The new three-year deal goes into effect next year. "It's a shame that a few more dollars meant more to them than years of tradition and loyalty," one CBS exec tells Variety.
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 4. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. I Can Do That: The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, AiRealistic