- Got her first taste of acting by imitating characters from Fame and Good Times as a child.
- Started taking acting classes in sixth grade.
- Began her career as a teen model.
- First acting role was at 16 in a national commercial for IBM in 1990.
- Film debut was in 1995 in How to Make an American Quilt playing Maya Angelou's great-great-grandmother.
- First major television role was playing a student in the TV adaptation of the feature film Dangerous Minds in 1996-97.
- Had a brain aneurysm at 23.
- Voted as one of The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year in 2000 and 2001 by Black Men Magazine.
- Dated rapper Big Gipp for four years.
- Received breast implants in 2006, which she now regrets.
- Works with the Rosemary Children Foundation charity for foster children.
- Craig Jones — Brother
- Tracey Cherelle Jones — Sister
- Attended Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Tamala R. Jones
- Birth Place: Pasadena, CA
- Birthday: November 12, 1974, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, producer