- Served in Vietnam as a radio operator with the Army's 1st Air Cavalry Division.
- After leaving the Army, worked as a manager and shooting instructor at a small trap and skeet range, where he met screenwriter John Milius, who hired him as a technical adviser on Apocalypse Now.
- Milius introduced him to director John Huston, who cast him in The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean; roles in Dillinger, The Sugarland Express and The Terminal Man followed.
- Big break came when cast as Southfork foreman Ray Krebbs on Dallas in 1978.
- After directing a few Dallas episodes, made the leap to directing features with Sliding Home in 1997.
- Reprised the role of Ray Krebbs for the 2012 Dallas series.
- Is a respected watercolor artist.
- Quinn Kathryn Kanaly — Daughter
- Evan Elizabeth Kanaly — Daughter
- Brent Power Kanaly — Wife
- Attended California State University, Northridge, CA
- Birth Name: Steven Francis Kanaly
- Birth Place: Burbank, CA
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.