- Moved with his family from London to Toronto at the age of 4.
- Was a member of the Canadian Junior National Swim Team and came in ninth place at the 1992 Olympic trials.
- Auditioned for the role of Robin in 1997's Batman Forever on a dare from his friends; he didn't land the part but did score an agent.
- Went to high school with My Life Without Me (2003) costar Sarah Polley.
- Best known for his role as Ben on Felicity, the boy Felicity follows to the fictitious University of New York.
- Enjoys hiking and playing basketball in his spare time.
- 2009, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2011, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Keri Russell — Ex-significant Other
- Tracey Speedman — Sister
- Teresa Palmer — Ex-significant Other
- Roy Speedman — Father
- Mary Speedman — Mother
- Attended University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Attended York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Birth Name: Robert Scott Speedman
- Birth Place: London, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Stars Dan Stevens and Rachel Keller share what to expect