Having grown up in Hawaii and after earning her master's in fine arts at Denver's National Theatre Conservatory, Callies moved to New York and quickly landed a recurring role on the short-lived courtroom drama Queens Supreme
in 2003. That same year she got her second shot at series television as a no-nonsense NYPD officer on the offbeat drama Tarzan
, but it, too, was promptly canceled. Three times was the charm for Callies, who landed a part as Dr. Sara Tancredi on the breakout hit Prison Break
in 2005. Controversy arose as Tancredi appeared to meet a gruesome death when Callies left the show for family reasons after the second season. But through the magic of storytelling and to satisfy fans, she returned for the fourth and final season.Sarah Wayne Callies Fast Facts:
- Born in Illinois, but raised in Honolulu, HI; speaks basic Hawaiian.
- Interest in acting began as a child and appeared in a high school production of Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- Studied acting at the National Theatre Conservatory in Denver and earned an MFA in 2002.
- Picked as one of L'Oreal’s new faces in 2003.
- In 2003, had roles on two short-lived series, Queens Supreme and Tarzan.
- Though her role as Dr. Sara Tancredi on Prison Break was written off at the end of season two, overwhelming fan response prompted the show to bring her back in season four.
- Sarah Wayne Callies Relationships:
- Josh Winterhalt - Husband
- David Callies - Father
- Valerie Wayne - Mother
- Keala Winterhalt - Daughter
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH (1999); National Theater Conservatory, Denver, CO (MFA, 2002)