A multiple Daytime Emmy winner, Brown broke into show business on the 1990s children's show VR Troopers
, a show similar to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
. But she got to put her dramatic acting chops truly on display when she originated the role of manipulative Caroline "Carly" Corinthos on General Hospital
in 1996. After winning three Daytime Emmys during her five-year stint on the soap, Brown made the leap to prime time with guest appearances on a plethora of series including Crossing Jordan
and Strong Medicine
. She returned to soaps in 2004 when she signed on to As the World Turns,
but she left for a role on the nighttime thriller Cold Case
in 2005. She exited that series after only five episodes, then worked on the feature film Big Momma's House 2
as well as other prime-time TV guest spots. In 2008, she returned to General Hospital
in the new role of Claudia Zacchara (the role of Carly had been recast). Ever the workaholic, when Claudia was killed off of General Hospital
in late 2009, Brown immediately signed on to The Bold and Beautiful
: Her first appearance on her new show aired the day after her final appearance on General Hospital
. Brown has donated her time to charitable causes such as Habitat for Humanity, and she's also an outspoken advocate for awareness about celiac disease, a condition with which she has been diagnosed.Sarah Brown Fast Facts:
- Attended 13 different schools before graduating from high school.
- First job on TV was as a lead on VR Troopers, a 1990s children's action show made by creators of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
- Won three Daytime Emmy Awards (in 1997, 1998 and 2000) for playing Caroline "Carly" Corinthos on General Hospital.
- After leaving General Hospital for a second time in 2009, she immediately began work on The Bold in the Beautiful: Her final General Hospital appearance aired one day prior to her first appearance on The Bold and the Beautiful.
- In May 2010, she participated in the Women's Empowerment Build for Habitat for Humanity (she was part of Team Bold and Beautiful).
- Has celiac disease, and is an advocate for awareness about the condition.
- Hobbies include playing various musical instruments, dancing and snowboarding.
- Sarah Brown Relationships:
- Elijah Brown - Brother
- David Brown - Father
- Jordan Alexandra Judith - Daughter
- Pamela Brown - Mother
- Hannah Brown - Sister
- Steve Brown - Brother
- Shuki Levy - Ex-fiancé
- Attended Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA