- Two of her great-grandfathers are NFL team founders. Art Rooney, founder of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is her mother's grandfather, and Tim Mara, founder of the New York Giants, is her father's grandfather.
- Spent four months studying abroad in Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru after high school.
- Made her professional acting debut in a bit part in the 2005 slasher flick Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, which starred her older sister, Kate.
- Got several real piercings and bleached her eyebrows to play Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011).
- Cast in Her (2013) when Carey Mulligan had to drop out of the film.
- Founder of Faces of Kibera, a nonprofit organization that provides aid to orphans living in an overpopulated village outside of Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2011, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2015, Cannes Film Festival — Best Actress: Winner
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2016, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2016, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2015, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Doug Brown — Uncle
- Kate Mara — Sister
- John Mara — Uncle
- Conor Mara — Brother
- Daniel Mara — Brother
- Chris Mara — Father
- Charles McDowell — Significant Other
- Kathleen Rooney — Mother
- Wellington Mara — Grandfather
- Tim Rooney — Grandfather
- Attended George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia, United States; New York University, Gallatin School of Individual Study, New York, New York, United States (BA, 2010)
- Birth Name: Patricia Rooney Mara
- Birth Place: Bedford, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »