- Was the first quarterback selected in the 1979 NFL draft (the same draft that included Joe Montana).
- Spent his entire 15-year career with the New York Giants, holds most of the team's passing records and had his No. 11 jersey retired on September 4, 1995.
- Led the Giants to a 39-20 victory over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXI and was named the game's MVP for a performance in which he completed 22 of 25 passes for 268 yards and three touchdowns.
- After retiring from football in 1994, made a seamless transition to broadcasting, first with ESPN and NBC before becoming the lead analyst on CBS.
- In Sports Illustrated in 2001, was named "Most Underrated Quarterback" in NFL history.
- Coauthored, with Vic Carucci, Sunday Morning Quarterback: Going Deep on the Strategies, Myths and Mayhem of Football (2004).
- Appeared as himself on the CBS soap opera As the World Turns on 2010.
- Barbara Simms — Mother
- Diana Simms — Wife
- William Simms — Father
- Chris Simms — Son
- Deirdre Simms — Daughter
- Matthew Simms — Son
- Morehead State University, Morehead, KY (1979)
- Birth Name: Phillip Simms
- Birth Place: Lebanon, KY
- Profession: Former pro football player, TV sportscaster
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead