Despite her statuesque frame, signature punky style and model beauty, Perrette was a total geek in college, studying sociology, psychology and criminology. Perhaps her scientific background---coupled with her unusual and striking looks---helped her win her seminal role as a rebellious forensic scientist on the JAG spin-off NCIS. In the 1990s, she landed recurring roles on a number of series (Murder One, The Drew Carey Show, Special Agent 2) usually playing independent, quirky but sexy characters. While she was enjoying newfound success as part of the NCIS team, her personal life fell apart when her marriage to indie musician Coyote Shivers turned ugly, resulting in restraining orders and accusations of harassment; she subsequently became involved with cameraman Michael Bosman. In addition to her acting career, this rock-and-roll renaissance woman is also a published writer and poet, an aspiring documentary filmmaker, a dedicated animal-rights activist and a singer whose song, "Fear," aired on NCIS in 2010.
- Studied sociology, psychology and criminology in college.
- Her blog on the CBS Web site chronicles her experiences acting in NCIS.
- Known for her Goth look.
- She performed in a band, Lo-Ball, and also recorded a song, "Fear," which aired on a 2010 NCIS episode and was included on the show's sound track.
- Appeared in "The Unnamed Feeling" Metallica music video.
- Her music career led to a friendship with Randy Jackson, whose American Idol competes for viewers with NCIS.
- Supports gay rights, civil rights, the American Red Cross and animal rights; backs a rescue organization for abandoned and abused dogs.
- Her interest in battling crime extends beyond her forensic-scientist role on NCIS, as she once appeared on America's Most Wanted in efforts to solve a 2007 murder.
- Thomas Arklie — Fiancé
- Michael Bosman — Ex-fiancé
- Coyote Shivers — Ex-husband
- Attended Valdosta State University, Valdosta, Georgia, United States
- Birth Name: Pauley Perrette
- Birth Place: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Profession: Actor