- Both his parents played second-division basketball in Spain.
- Maintenance staff at his school had to build a special desk for him because he was too tall.
- Planned to become a doctor, but dropped out of med school after a year to pursue basketball.
- Drafted third by the Atlanta Hawks in 2001, but was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, where he played for seven years before being traded to the L.A. Lakers in 2008.
- As of 2012, holds the following Memphis career records: games played; minutes played; field goals; free throws (made and attempts); rebounds (offensive, defensive and total); blocks; turnovers; and points.
- Won the NBA Rookie of the Year award in 2002.
- Has worn the same jersey number (#16) for both Memphis and L.A.
- Joined the Hoops for St. Jude charity program in 2009. The charity benefits the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, for which Gasol's mother is a volunteer.
- Marc Gasol — Brother
- Adria Gasol — Brother
- Agusti Gasol — Father
- Marisa Gasol — Mother
- Attended University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Season 1, Episode 4
- Birth Name: Pau Gasol Sáez
- Birth Place: Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain
- Birthday: July 6, 1980, Cancer
- Profession: NBA player
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: