This tough, energetic bombshell has never been afraid to get her hands dirty. A true Renaissance woman, she pursued careers in medicine, education and wedding planning before settling on homebuilding. She cofounded Rent to Own Investments, dedicated to renovating homes for needy tenants. A self-taught yet skilled carpenter, the perpetually pink-clad powerhouse appeared on a Monster House's
2003 Christmas episode in order to win tools for her company. She not only got the tools, she also landed a gig on ABC's hit reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
. Since 2004, she has been an inspiration to do-it-yourself gals everywhere, proving beauty can go hand-in-hand with brawn. In 2009, she inspired in another capacity when she went public about her battle with depression, and became involved with Blueprint for Hope, a campaign for depression awareness. In addition to her Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
duties, she spent her time running her Tuff Chix company, publishing numerous do-it-yourself guidebooks, and actively supporting charities such as Habitat for Humanity and Keep America Beautiful.Paige Hemmis Fast Facts:
- While attending the University of California Santa Barbara, she taught CPR to her fellow students and became a licensed emergency medical technician.
- Cofounded Rent To Own Investments and Simply Elegant Weddings.
- Launched Tuff Chix in 2005, a company that creates tools, books, work wear and accessories designed for women, such as her signature pink tool belt.
- On November 28, 2006, she released her first book, The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement.
- In 2009, joined Blueprint for Hope, a campaign for depression awareness.
- Paige Hemmis Relationships:
- Russ Hemmis - Ex-husband
- University of California, Santa Barbara, CA (BA in Theology and Psychology)