Britain born, Sheridan moved to the U.S. to be a model in the early 1980s but soon began acting. She had a handful of small TV and film roles under her belt when she rocketed to stardom as a manipulative beauty on the prime-time soap Knots Landing in 1986. Real-life romances with Scott Baio, Michael Bolton and a brief marriage to Harry Hamlin served to keep her in the tabloids. After the series ended in 1993, Sheridan continued to work, mostly in TV-movies. But she returned to the spotlight as a serial divorcée on Desperate Housewives in 2004. When not working, Sheridan is an avid equestrian.
- Mother Sally lived with (and had a son by) actor Telly Savalas for much of Sheridan's childhood.
- Met former teen idol Leif Garrett when she was 15 and later lived with him in his mother's home; the two dated for six years.
- An avid equestrian, she began riding at the age of 3.
- Was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the 1990 inaugural edition of the annual feature.
- Caused some commotion when she appeared in a 2004 Monday Night Football promotional skit with the Philadelphia Eagles' Terrell Owens. Clad only in a towel and a come-hither grin, she raised the ire of the FCC by dropping the towel and leaving the rest up to viewers' imaginations.
- Edie Britt, the character she portrayed on the hugely successful ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives, was killed off in the fifth season of the series' run.
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- Nick Savalas — Half Brother
- Leif Garrett — Ex-significant Other
- Arthur — Father
- Niklas Soderblom — Ex-fiancé
- Michael Bolton — Ex-fiancé
- Harry Hamlin — Ex-husband
- Aaron Phypers — Husband (separated)
- Sally Sheridan — Mother
- Birth Place: Worthing, West Sussex, England
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more