- Hoped for a scholarship to play college football and eventually play in the NFL.
- Worked as a bank teller in college before discovering acting.
- Made his acting debut in an episode of Freddy's Nightmares in 1990.
- Film debut was in the 1991 movie Boyz N the Hood as teenage father Ricky Baker.
- Landed a regular role in 1992 on the NBC comedy Out All Night.
- Was nominated for an NAACP Image Award in 2000 for his role in the movie The Best Man.
- Appeared in the off-Broadway play Love in the Nick of Tyme in 2007.
- Pamela Byse — Wife
- Morris Chestnut Sr. — Father
- Shirley Chestnut — Mother
- Attended Long Beach City College, Long Beach, California, United States; attended California State University, Northridge, California, United States
- Birth Place: Cerritos, California, United States
- Birthday: January 1, 1969, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
We challenged Chris Geere, Aya Cash, Kether Donohue and Desmin Borges to draw 45-second portraits of each other and the results were... interesting