- Hails from a musical family and is an accomplished violinist, drummer and flutist.
- Caught the acting bug in high school while appearing in a production of the musical Annie.
- Made her professional acting debut in the 1991 TV flick Love, Lies and Murder; also in 1991 appeared in the theatrical films The Boy Who Cried Bitch and Billy Bathgate.
- Breakout year was 1992 when she snatched her first leading role as a figure skater in The Cutting Edge, played dual roles opposite Robert Downey Jr. in Chaplin, and replaced Lara Flynn Boyle in David Lynch's Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.
- Provided the voice of Nala in Disney's 1994 feature The Lion King.
- TV notoriety came when cast as media consultant Mandy Hampton on the first season of The West Wing in 1999.
- Achieved lasting TV success as single mom Karen Roe on One Tree Hill.
- 2000, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- Peter Kelly — Father
- Anne Kelly — Mother
- Eamon Hewitt — Son
- Ella Hewitt — Daughter
- Steve Hewitt — Husband
- Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY (BA in Drama, 1990)
- Birth Place: Queens, NY
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns