A statuesque model who inevitably turned to acting, this Canada-born up-and-comer wasn't always a glamour girl. A self-declared tomboy in her youth, Peregrym excelled in myriad sports, including field hockey, soccer and basketball, and even considered a career as a gym teacher before modeling became her métier at age 18. After making her TV debut on an episode of the cult sci-fi series Dark Angel
, Peregrym popped up in guest spots on various shows (Smallville, Jake 2.0
) before landing a regular role on the teen drama Life as We Know It
. Although it was short-lived, the series earned the brunette beauty an avid adolescent fan base, which helped turn her 2006 film debut Stick It
into a minor hit. Seemingly tailor-made for Peregrym, the vehicle capitalized on her good looks and athletic background by casting her as a talented but rebellious gymnast. The next year, the starlet signed on to her highest-profile part to date, as a cold and calculating illusionist on Heroes
. In 2007, Peregrym further enhanced her geek cred with the role of Andi in Reaper
, a cult comedy-horror series that lasted two seasons on the CW. In an odd coincidence, Peregrym took her character's first name from Reaper
to her next job, playing a rookie cop named Andy (with a "y" this time) in ABC's Rookie Blue
.Missy Peregrym Fast Facts:
- Father is a minister.
- Modeled for Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada and the Olympics.
- Was working steadily as a model when her agency sent her on an audition for Dark Angel. That part led to other small roles on series like The Chris Isaak Show and Smallville.
- Trained for four months for her role as a rebellious gymnast in 2006's Stick It.
- Appeared in the music video for Missy Elliot's "We Run This."
- Enjoys soccer, basketball and snowboarding.
- Missy Peregrym Relationships:
- Zachary Levi - Husband
- Cassandra - Sister
- Darryl Peregrym - Father
- Amanda - Sister
- Vanessa Peregrym - Mother