A statuesque model who inevitably turned to acting, this Canada-born up-and-comer wasn't always a glamour girl. A self-declared tomboy in her youth, Peregrym excelled in myriad sports, including field hockey, soccer and basketball, and even considered a career as a gym teacher before modeling became her métier at age 18. After making her TV debut on an episode of the cult sci-fi series Dark Angel, Peregrym popped up in guest spots on various shows (Smallville, Jake 2.0) before landing a regular role on the teen drama Life as We Know It. Although it was short-lived, the series earned the brunette beauty an avid adolescent fan base, which helped turn her 2006 film debut Stick It into a minor hit. Seemingly tailor-made for Peregrym, the vehicle capitalized on her good looks and athletic background by casting her as a talented but rebellious gymnast. The next year, the starlet signed on to her highest-profile part to date, as a cold and calculating illusionist on Heroes. In 2007, Peregrym further enhanced her geek cred with the role of Andi in Reaper, a cult comedy-horror series that lasted two seasons on the CW. In an odd coincidence, Peregrym took her character's first name from Reaper to her next job, playing a rookie cop named Andy (with a "y" this time) in ABC's Rookie Blue.
- Father is a minister.
- Modeled for Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada and the Olympics.
- Was working steadily as a model when her agency sent her on an audition for Dark Angel. That part led to other small roles on series like The Chris Isaak Show and Smallville.
- Trained for four months for her role as a rebellious gymnast in 2006's Stick It.
- Appeared in the music video for Missy Elliot's "We Run This."
- Enjoys soccer, basketball and snowboarding.
- Darryl Peregrym — Father
- Amanda — Sister
- Vanessa Peregrym — Niece
- Zachary Levi — Husband (separated)
- Ben Roethlisberger — Ex-significant Other
- Cassandra — Sister
- Birth Name: Melissa Peregrym
- Birth Place: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Birthday: June 16, 1982, Gemini
- Profession: Actor, Model