This former backup singer was visibly scared to step into the spotlight. But on Season 6 of American Idol, Doolittle did just that and was rewarded with a spot in the final 12. Although she was clearly the judges' favorite to win, the viewers felt differently and she only made it to the final three. However, despite losing, she clearly wasn't a loser, and the judges agreed that she had a fantastic career ahead of her. A music major in college, Doolittle launched her professional career supporting big names like CeCe Winans and Aaron Neville and the Anointed.
- Taught gymnastics.
- Was voted Most Talented and Most Spirited at Tulsa's Union High School.
- Began singing the summer after the seventh grade and later performed in musical theater.
- Sang backup for American Idol Season 3's George Huff.
- A devout Christian, she is a member of Music for the Soul, a nonprofit organization ministering through music.
- Steve Doolittle — Father
- Harriet Doolittle — Mother
- Attended University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK; Belmont University, Nashville, TN (BA in Commercial Music, 1999)
- Birth Place: Not available
- Profession: Singer, Reality cast member
Trending TonightSee all »
Sullivan Stapleton really, really likes a CBS sitcom.