- Father was the acclaimed Washington Post sportswriter Shirley Povich; consequently he was very interested in sports as a youngster and even worked as a batboy for the American League's old Washington Senators.
- Began career as a news reporter and sportscaster for WTTG-TV in Washington, DC.
- First met Connie Chung in 1969 when they both worked at WTTG; he was an anchor and she was a copy girl. Years later they were briefly coanchors for KCBS (formerly KNXT) in Los Angeles.
- Won a 1984 Emmy for Best Co-anchor for 10 O'Clock News on WTTG-TV and was nominated for a 1989 Emmy for Best Informational Series for A Current Affair.
- Coauthored Current Affairs: A Life on the Edge in 1991, a retrospective about the TV show he hosted from 1986 to 1991.
- Launched a weekly newspaper in Flathead Valley, MT, called the Flathead Beacon in 2007.
- Ethyl Povich — Mother
- Susan — Daughter
- David Povich — Brother
- Amy — Daughter
- Connie Chung — Wife
- Phyllis Minkoff — Ex-wife
- Shirley Povich — Father
- Lynn Povich — Sister
- Matthew Jay Povich — Son
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1962)
- Birth Name: Maurice Richard Povich
- Birth Place: Washington, DC
- Profession: Journalist, Actor, Talk show host, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
That's a lot of show