- Father was the acclaimed Washington Post sportswriter Shirley Povich; consequently he was very interested in sports as a youngster and even worked as a batboy for the American League's old Washington Senators.
- Began career as a news reporter and sportscaster for WTTG-TV in Washington, DC.
- First met Connie Chung in 1969 when they both worked at WTTG; he was an anchor and she was a copy girl. Years later they were briefly coanchors for KCBS (formerly KNXT) in Los Angeles.
- Won a 1984 Emmy for Best Co-anchor for 10 O'Clock News on WTTG-TV and was nominated for a 1989 Emmy for Best Informational Series for A Current Affair.
- Coauthored Current Affairs: A Life on the Edge in 1991, a retrospective about the TV show he hosted from 1986 to 1991.
- Launched a weekly newspaper in Flathead Valley, MT, called the Flathead Beacon in 2007.
- David Povich — Brother
- Ethyl Povich — Mother
- Susan — Daughter
- Amy — Daughter
- Connie Chung — Wife
- Phyllis Minkoff — Ex-wife
- Matthew Jay Povich — Son
- Shirley Povich — Father
- Lynn Povich — Sister
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1962)
- Birth Name: Maurice Richard Povich
- Birth Place: Washington, DC
- Profession: Journalist, Actor, Talk show host, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more