- Once worked at a U.S. Steel plant on Chicago's South Side where her father, a Croatian immigrant, was a superintendent; also worked briefly in a beauty parlor operated by her mother.
- Met husband James Carville in 1991 but suspended their relationship while she was Deputy Campaign Director of George H.W. Bush's 1992 Presidential reelection bid and he ran Bill Clinton's successful effort.
- Married Carville on Thanksgiving Day 1993, then collaborated with him on the best-seller All's Fair: Love, War, and Running for President (1994).
- Entered the arena of book publishing in 2006 as editor-in-chief of Threshold Editions, an imprint of Simon & Schuster that specialized in works by conservative authors.
- Wrote Letters to My Daughter (2007), a book of lessons she learned from her life experiences and her mother’s.
- Began serving as a political contributor and Republican strategist for CNN in 2009.
- Steven Matalin — Father
- Artie Arnold — Ex-husband
- Matalin "Matty" Carville — Daughter
- Steven Matalin — Brother
- Emerson "Emma" Carville — Daughter
- Eileen Emerson Matalin — Mother
- James Carville — Husband
- Rene O'Brien — Sister
- Western Illiniois University, Macomb, Illinois, United States (BS in Political Science, 1978); Attended Hofstra University Law School, Hempstead, New York, United States
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Mary Joe Matalin
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Profession: Politcal strategist, TV commentator, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars actor says Caleb is ready to tie the knot with Hanna