- Made her Broadway debut in 1995 as a replacement for Jan in the revival of Grease.
- Featured in small but memorable roles in films including Never Been Kissed, American Beauty and Fever Pitch.
- Created the role of Tracy Turnblad, a plump teen who shakes things up on a TV dance show in 1962 Baltimore, in the 2002 Broadway musical Hairspray.
- Was diagnosed with cervical cancer and had to undergo a hysterectomy months before appearing in Hairspray. She initially kept her illness a secret out of fear that she would be replaced in the musical.
- Appeared on the short-lived TV comedy Stacked, which starred Pamela Anderson. Winokur's husband, Judah Miller, was a writer for the series.
- Competed in Season 6 of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, with partner Tony Dovolani.
- Was one of the original six co-hosts of CBS's The Talk (2010), but left the show in 2011.
- In 2012, she dieted and dropped more than 60 pounds.
- 2003, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- Maxine Winokur — Mother
- Zev Isaac Miller — Son
- Michael Winokur — Father
- Judah Miller — Husband
- American Music and Dramatic Academy, New York, New York, United States (1993)
- Birth Place: Bedford Village, New York, United States
- Birthday: February 2, 1973, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay