After getting his start dancing on the youth-oriented variety show Kids Incorporated, Mario Lopez became a teen idol as a girl-crazy jock on the Saturday-morning series Saved by the Bell. Recognizing a good thing, he also appeared in all the Saved by the Bell spin-offs (two TV-movies and two series). In the late 1990s, Lopez struggled with a succession of low-rent gigs, including a role on the Baywatch-like Pacific Blue. He then reinvented himself in the 2000s as an affable emcee, hosting series such as Pet Star and the male talk-show answer to The View, The Other Half, as well as specials like Miss Teen USA, which introduced him to beauty queen Ali Landry. Although they married in 2004, the union was annulled a few weeks later. Despite the personal setback, he kept plugging away at his career, and in 2006, the dimpled hunk enjoyed a huge boost in popularity when he was named runner-up in the third edition of the reality competition Dancing With the Stars. A few months later, Lopez joined entertainment mag Extra as a correspondent and weekend cohost, but he was quickly promoted to sole host of the weekday episodes in 2008. When he's not on screen, Lopez devotes much of his time to fitness and has released books sharing his fitness and nutrition tips.
- At age 10, began acting with a regular role on the series Kids Incorporated.
- Wrestled in high school, just like his Saved by the Bell character A.C. Slater.
- Won three Young Artist Awards, one for Saved by the Bell and two more as host of Name Your Adventure.
- Coproduced and starred in the independent film Outta Time (2002), in which he portrayed a college soccer player who takes a job as a courier and unwittingly becomes involved in drug smuggling.
- Made his Broadway debut in A Chorus Line in 2008.
- Named People magazine's Hottest Bachelor in 2008.
- Released the book Mario Lopez's Knockout Fitness in 2008, children's story Mud Tacos in 2009 and cookbook Extra Lean in 2010.
- Courtney Mazza — Wife
- Gia Francesca Lopez — Daughter
- Elvia Lopez — Mother
- Mario Lopez Sr. — Father
- Marissa Lopez — Sister
- Ali Landry — Ex-wife
- Karina Smirnoff — Ex-significant Other
- Dominic Lopez — Son
- Birth Name: Mario Lopez Jr.
- Birth Place: San Diego, California, United States
- Birthday: October 10, 1973, Libra
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet