- Named after his great-aunt Lavana because his parents thought they were having a girl.
- Aspired to be a football coach since sixth grade.
- Voted Most Likely to Succeed by his high-school class.
- Has dedicated much of his time to the American Diabetes Association; his mother suffers from Type-2 Diabetes and is blind due to the disease.
- Became the head coach of the Chicago Bears in 2004.
- In 2007 he became the first African-American head coach to lead his team to the Super Bowl. The Colts' Tony Dungy followed literally a few hours later.
- MaryAnne Smith — Wife
- Mae Smith — Mother
- Mikal Smith — Son
- Matthew Smith — Son
- Miles Smith — Son
- Thurman Smith — Father
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
- Birth Name: Lovie Lee Smith
- Birth Place: Gladewater, TX
- Profession: Pro-football coach
Trending TonightSee all »
What happens with old timey-sailors get a hold of 21st century porn?