A fetching actor with a penchant for changing hair colors, Holly has only occasionally fulfilled her early promise. After a three-year stint on the soap All My Children
, which netted her a Daytime Emmy nod, she became a familiar prime-time face as a sheriff's deputy on the eccentric small-town crime drama Picket Fences
. During her tenure on that CBS series, Holly made a bid for the big screen, playing Bruce Lee's wife in the biopic Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
and the object of desire opposite future husband Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber
. But her subsequent features failed (Down Periscope
, A Smile Like Yours
), as did her marriage to Carrey. Although Holly continued to work steadily, she was generally relegated to supporting roles in big movies or large parts in indies. She reentered the spotlight in 2005 when she signed on to the hit crime series NCIS
, playing NCIS Director Jenny Shepard for several seasons. Holly has since kept busy with other TV work, guest-starring on TNT's Leverage
and appearing in TV-movies like Before You Say 'I Do'
and Too Late to Say Goodbye
.Lauren Holly Fast Facts:
- Studied flute and drama at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art when she was 12.
- Roommate at Sarah Lawrence College was actor Robin Givens.
- Made her feature debut in the dramedy Seven Minutes in Heaven.
- Turned down the role filled by Courteney Cox in the 1994 comedy Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, starring Jim Carrey, whom Holly later married.
- Appeared in the Dixie Chicks' music video for "Goodbye Earl."
- Amanda Peet served as maid of honor when she married her third husband, Francis Greco.
- Founded Hollycould Productions with her father, screenwriter and producer Grant Holly.
- Has been a regular on several CBS series, including Picket Fences, Chicago Hope and NCIS.
- Lauren Holly Relationships:
- Alexander Holly - Brother
- Henry Charles Greco - Son
- Alexander Joseph Greco - Son
- George Greco - Son
- Daniele Quinn - Ex-husband
- Jim Carrey - Ex-husband
- Nick Holly - Brother
- Francis Greco - Husband
- Grant Holly - Father
- Michael Holly - Mother
- Lauren Holly Awards:
- 1995 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 1994 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY (BA in English Literature, 1985)