A troubled youth who seemed to turn his life around, this Texas-born street tough became a thief at a young age. But the family pastor — Joe Simpson, father and manager to Jessica and Ashlee — took him in and helped Garrison clean up his act. After high school, Garrison turned to acting, and in 2005 he signed on to Prison Break
as a young pickpocket, a role inspired by his own teenage years. Although his character was killed off in the second season, the up-and-comer was enjoying a promising career when a fatal auto accident changed his life forever. On December 2, 2006, Garrison met three teenage fans and agreed to drive them to a party. Later that evening, a drunk and drug-addled Garrison crashed his SUV into a tree, killing one passenger and injuring the other two. In 2007, he pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter and started serving his 40-month prison sentence. After an early parole, he became a free man in 2009 and started looking for new projects and opportunities to reinvent himself.Lane Garrison Fast Facts:
- Family pastor growing up was Joe Simpson, father of Jessica and Ashlee Simpson; Garrison lived with the Simpson family for a period of time during his teenage years.
- After graduating from high school, headed to Hollywood with just $400 to his name, and took up residence in a $19-a-night motel.
- Has a tattoo on his left shoulder memorializing his parents, Lisa and Lee Garrison, who died in 2000 and 2004, respectively.
- Appeared in the 2007 anti-DUI PSA short film Graduation Day, which was produced by the Troy and Alana Pack Foundation.
- During his prison sentence for vehicular manslaughter and drunk driving (which began in 2007), he served as a peer mentor to inmates and earned enough good behavior credits to receive an early parole in 2009.
- Lane Garrison Relationships:
- Lisa Garrison - Mother
- Lee Garrison - Father