- Dropped out of the University of Arizona---without telling her parents---to pursue an acting career.
- Joined the Groundlings comedy troupe after moving to Los Angeles.
- Made television debut in 2003 on The Joe Schmo Show as Dr. Pat, the thrice-divorced marriage counselor.
- Became a full-time cast member on Saturday Night Live in 2005 and quickly became one of the show's most-used performers (appeared in more sketches than any other cast member during Season 34).
- Provided the voice of a beaver in 2009's Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Voice-Over Performance: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2010, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominee
- 2013, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Nominee
- 2011, Oscar — Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in a Comedy: Nominee
- 2012, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Original Screenplay: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2012, Writers Guild Awards — Original Screenplay: Nominee
- Erik Wiig — Brother
- Fabrizio Moretti — Ex-significant Other
- Hayes Hargrove — Ex-husband
- Brian Petsos — Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Arizona, Tuscon, Arizona, United States
- Birth Name: Kristen Carroll Wiig
- Birth Place: Canadaguia, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Voice-overs
Trending TonightSee all »
It needs some work