- At 8 months old, she appeared in a national print ad for Johnson & Johnson.
- Made TV debut on Sesame Street when she was 3.
- In 1984, she landed her breakout TV gig playing youngest child Rudy Huxtable on the NBC comedy The Cosby Show, a role that was meant to be a boy's part.
- Was honored in 1984 with an NAACP Image Award.
- Became the youngest female nominated for an Emmy in 1986.
- In 1985, she landed her first movie part in The Last Dragon (1985).
- Won a Kid's Choice Award in 1991.
- A frequent participant on celebrity-themed game shows, she was crowned the winner of a 2001 special edition of Weakest Link and a 2002 special edition of Fear Factor.
- Started a production company called PullPenn in 2008.
- Won the first of two NAACP Image Awards in 2009 for her work on the cable series Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
- 1988, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Young TV Performer: Winner
- 1986, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Gertha Pulliam — Grandmother
- John Knight — Grandfather
- James Pulliam III — Brother
- Mshon Pulliam — Brother
- James Pulliam — Father
- James Pulliam — Grandfather
- Denise Pulliam — Mother
- Ed Hartwell — Husband (separated)
- Ella Grace — Daughter
- Elzora Knight — Grandmother
- Spelman College, Atlanta, Georgia, United States (BA in Sociology, 2001)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Matt Damon dated a Stranger Things star in 2000.