- Won his first surfing tournament, the Body Glove Surf Bout III, in 1990.
- Won a record 11 world championships, including 5 consecutive titles from 1994 to 1998.
- Played recurring character Jimmy Slade during the 1992-93 season of Baywatch.
- Formed a band called The Surfers with Rob Machado and Peter King.
- Released his autobiography, Pipe Dreams, in 2003.
- Donated one of his winning surfboards to the Smithsonian in 2011.
- Launched a clothing line, Outerknown, in 2015 that was made from recycled fishing nets.
- Judy Moriarity — Mother
- Sean Slater — Brother
- Taylor Slater — Daughter
- Stephen Slater — Father
- Stephen Slater — Brother
- Birth Name: Robert Kelly Slater
- Birth Place: Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
- Profession: Surfer
Trending TonightSee all »
Slaying the enemies of Jesus with the angel Castiel