- Represented Maryland in the 1970 Junior Miss Pageant, but was disqualified for befriending a member of the pageant's staff.
- Worked as a nanny to Anita Bryant's children for a year.
- Was hired to play Nurse Callahan on Days of Our Lives while visiting a friend on the set; the gig turned into a nine-month job.
- Filled in on the A.M. Los Angeles radio show for a few days in 1981 after its host, Regis Philbin, left to pursue other opportunities. Good Morning America's executive producer happened to hear her, and sought her out to do occasional reporting and fill-in work for the morning show.
- First met future husband Frank Gifford when they cohosted GMA together in the early 1980s, but it would be several years before they began dating.
- Shares the same birthday as husband Frank.
- Her other famous partner, Regis Philbin, pursued her as cohost for The Morning Show, a local WABC-TV talk program, after spotting her on GMA in 1985. Three years later it went national as Live With Regis & Kathie Lee. During its run, she was nominated for 11 Daytime Emmys.
- Campaigned to strengthen sweatshop laws after learning that her Wal-Mart clothing line was being manufactured by child laborers in Honduras.
- Founded (with Frank) the Cody House and Cassidy's Place charitable foundations, which are run by the Association to Benefit Children.
- Published an autobiography, I Can't Believe I Said That!, in 1992.
- Has written several musicals, including Saving Aimee and Under the Bridge; and appeared on Broadway in Putting It Together.
- Victoria — Stepdaughter
- Jeff Gifford — Stepson
- Cody Gifford — Son
- Cassidy Gifford — Daughter
- Kyle Gifford — Stepson
- Frank Gifford — Husband (deceased)
- Aaron Leon Epstein — Father
- David Paul Epstein — Brother
- Michele — Sister
- Stan Pottinger — Ex-significant Other
- Paul Johnson — Ex-husband
- Joan Epstein — Mother
- Attended Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
- Birth Name: Kathryn Lee Epstein
- Birth Place: Paris, France
- Profession: TV host, Singer, Songwriter, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Yvonne Strahovski discusses the show's look