It's ironic that this handsome, all-American actor was discovered on the Paris metro. But that's just where a modeling scout spotted him and soon Chambers was showcasing his impressive physique in campaigns for Calvin Klein and Armani. In the '90s, he segued to acting, first with a stint on the soap opera Another World
. After a few more TV guest spots and roles in made-for-TV movies, he maneuvered onto the big screen. Although he definitely had the looks, he had trouble finding projects that highlighted his talents. He fared well in supporting parts as Jennifer Lopez's Italian fiancé in The Wedding Planner
and the gentile buddy of a Jewish man in Liberty Heights.
He returned to the small screen when he hit a career crossroads and landed on a hit show: the crime drama Cold Case
. Unfortunately for him, the series only became popular after he left. He finally secured fame as arrogant but kind-hearted Dr. Alex Karev on the ABC hit medical drama Grey's Anatomy
. Off-screen, Chambers leads a low-key life with his wife and their five children.Justin Chambers Fast Facts:
- Began modeling after being approached by a modeling scout in Paris; appeared in campaigns for Calvin Klein and Armani.
- Studied acting at New York's famed HB Studio.
- Made his film debut in the 1999 Barry Levinson drama Liberty Heights.
- Both he and former Grey's Anatomy costar Chris O'Donnell played D'Artagnan in different incarnations of Alexandre Dumas' classic tale: O'Donnell in 1993's The Three Musketeers and Chambers in 2001's The Musketeer.
- In 2005, he played a cop in the film Southern Belles and a detective in The Zodiac.
- Justin Chambers Relationships:
- Maya Chambers - Daughter
- Jason Chambers - Brother
- John Chambers - Father
- Isabella Chambers - Daughter
- Jackson Chambers - Son
- Keisha Chambers - Wife
- Eva Chambers - Daughter
- Pam Chambers - Mother
- Kaila Chambers - Daughter
- Justin Chambers Awards:
- 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Winner
- 2005 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee
- 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - Nominee