- Toured with the USO in a production of Guys and Dolls while still in college.
- In the early 1970s, performed with the Milwaukee Repertory and the Seattle Repertory Theatres.
- Made her Broadway debut in a 1975 production of A Doll's House.
- Garnered critical acclaim as housewife-turned-prostitute Karen Wolek on the soap One Life to Live, earning two consecutive Daytime Emmy Awards in 1980 and 1981.
- Played the mother of a boy stricken with AIDS in the 1989 TV-biopic The Ryan White Story, which prompted her to become involved with several AIDS charities including Project Angel Food, Heart Strings and the Names Project.
- Took voice lessons and shaved off her blonde tresses to play a cancer-stricken English professor in the Pulitzer Prize-winning play Wit.
- Along with her husband, Robert Desiderio, she was presented with the Making a Difference Award on behalf of the Matthew Shepard Foundation in 2006.
- Along with her work for AIDS charities, Light is also an advocate for LGBT and human-rights organizations, including GLAAD and Human Rights Campaign.
- 2013, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2011, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2007, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2012, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Robert Desiderio — Husband
- Pearl Sue Licht — Mother
- Sidney Licht — Father
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA (BFA in Drama, 1971)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Judith Ellen Licht
- Birth Place: Trenton, NJ
- Birthday: February 9, 1949, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans