The native New Yorker moved to Los Angeles for college but almost gave up acting because of the strenuous and physical demands in Hollywood. But things changed after Spiro was hired for a part on the show Maybe This Time in 1995. Spiro continued with anonymous TV guest spots until she landed a regular role playing Annette O'Toole's daughter on the action-adventure series The Huntress. In 2005, she turned heads with a scene-stealing performance as a dull-witted party girl in the big-screen romantic comedy Must Love Dogs. The next year, Spiro snagged her breakthrough role as a sports writer/tomboy looking for love on the sitcom My Boys.
- Realized a desire for acting as a young teen while watching old movies with her father but avoided participating in high school productions.
- Studied acting at the Circle in the Square Theatre School in New York City and the Odyssey Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Knew little about sports when cast as tomboyish Chicago sports reporter P.J. Franklin in the sitcom My Boys.
- Attended Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jordana Ariel Spiro
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: April 12, 1977, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly