- Was a 21st-round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles in 1958.
- Became the youngest coach in the history of the AFL in 1969 at the age of 33.
- Signed a four-year broadcast contract in 1994 for $32 million, more than any NFL player was making at the time.
- Dislikes flying so much that he travels the country in the Madden Cruiser, an $800,000 fully equipped bus, complete with kitchen, queen bed, office and sauna (the vehicle is sponsored by Outback Steakhouse).
- Has authored five books that have made the New York Times best-seller list.
- Appeared in the music video for U2's "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of."
- Lends his name to a best-selling NFL video game.
- Named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Joseph Madden — Son
- Mary Madden — Mother
- Michael Madden — Son
- Virginia Madden — Wife
- Earl Madden — Father
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA (BS in Education, 1959; MA in Education, 1961)
Season 10, Episode 12
- Birth Name: John Earl Madden
- Birth Place: Austin, MN
- Birthday: April 10, 1936, Aries
- Profession: NFL broadcaster, Coach, Author
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: