- Got his start onstage in the '70s, appearing in plays on and off-Broadway.
- Won the Theatre World Award for his performance in the Vietnam drama G.R. Point (1977).
- Made his feature-film debut with a lead role in 1977's Between the Lines.
- Won OBIE Awards for Best Performance for G.R. Point (1976-77), Othello and Split (both 1979-80).
- Inducted into the Gonzaga College High School Theatre Hall of Fame in 2003.
- Was married to his first wife, Margot Kidder, for only six days.
- 1999, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- John Matthew Heard — Son
- Helen Heard — Mother
- Sharon Heard — Ex-wife
- Margot Kidder — Ex-wife
- Melissa Leo — Ex-significant Other
- Lana Pritchard — Ex-wife
- John Heard — Father
- Clark University, Worcester, MA (1968); attended Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
Season 4, Episode 21
- Birth Place: Washington, DC
- Birthday: March 7, 1945, Pisces
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: