- Grew up in an Army family and frequently moved around the U.S. when she was younger; went to high school in Albany, GA.
- Attended Augusta State University on an athletic scholarship for swimming and cross-country.
- Moved to New York after her second year of college to pursue a modeling career and worked for Elite and Wilhelmina Models.
- Made her TV debut in a 1996 episode of Law & Order.
- Founded a film-production company called Blarma with husband Andy Bates, a producer, cinematographer and editor. Their productions include the 2006 documentary Altered by Elvis.
- Starred in the Blarma production Girl and a Gun, which won a Best Original Short medallion at the 2008 Washougal International Film Festival in Washington.
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Andy Bates — Husband
- Attended Augusta State University, Augusta, GA
- Birth Name: Joelle Marie Carter
- Birth Place: Georgia
- Profession: Actor, Model
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.