- Son of legendary St. Louis Cardinals announcer Jack Buck; did the play-by-play for one inning of a Cardinals-Mets game on his 18th birthday when his dad left the booth and told him to take over.
- Began broadcasting career by calling play-by-play for Louisville Redbirds, a Cardinals minor-league team; began calling Cardinals games on KMOX TV and radio in 1991.
- Hired by Fox Sports in 1994 at age 25 to announce NFL games and became the youngest person to call pro games.
- At 27, became the youngest play-by-play announcer to call a World Series.
- Won his first Sports Emmy Award in 1999 for Outstanding Sports Personality.
- When he stopped broadcasting Cardinals baseball in 2008, he ended a 54-year run of Bucks (either Joe or his father) handling coverage of the team's games.
- Hosted an HBO series, Joe Buck Live, which was canceled after three episodes; the 2009 premiere was infamously hijacked by comic Artie Lange. Because of the Lange episode, as well as the general strain of booking guests, Buck was relieved when the show was dropped.
- His Joe Buck Golf Classic raises money for St. Louis Children's Hospital.
- Michelle Beisner — Wife
- Carole Buck — Mother
- Ann Archambault Buck — Ex-wife
- Julie Buck — Sister
- Natalie Buck — Daughter
- Trudy Buck — Daughter
- Jack Buck — Father
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States (BA in English, 1991)
- Birth Name: Joseph Francis Buck
- Birth Place: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
- Profession: Sportscaster
Trending TonightSee all »
The Walking Dead returns to a mysterious colony with a lot of guns