In her preteen years, Biel landed her very first acting job as minister's daughter Mary Camden on the WB family friendly series 7th Heaven. Growing up in front of the cameras, she faced a tough transition from ingénue to respected actress. She made the choice to pose scantily for a men's magazine at age 17, hoping to distance herself from her character's goody-goody image. She left 7th Heaven with the promise of returning to make occasional appearances. Free to take on more mature roles, she buffed up for parts in horror and action movies such as 2003's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 2004's Blade: Trinity and 2005's Stealth. She also used her much- admired comeliness to beguile on the silver screen in love interest parts in 2006's The Illusionist, 2007's I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and 2008's Easy Virtue. Off screen, Biel supports numerous charities and romances boyfriend Justin Timberlake.
- Raised in Boulder, CO, she began her acting career at age 9.
- Participated in 1994's International Modeling & Talent Association competition and won an acting scholarship to the Young Actors Space, Los Angeles, CA.
- Nominated for several Youth in Film awards for her work portraying Mary Camden on the TV drama 7th Heaven.
- Appeared seminude in GEAR magazine in March 2000 in an effort to change her wholesome image.
- Won the 1998 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film By a Supporting Young Actress for her work in her debut movie Ulee's Gold, where she played Peter Fonda's rebellious daughter.
- Named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 1999, and the Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire magazine in 2005.
- Cofounded Make the Difference Network, a web site that acts as liaison between those with an interest in philanthropic giving and nonprofit organizations with specific requests.
- Climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in 2010 as part of a celebrity expedition called Summit on the Summit to help raise awareness about clean water.
- 2017, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series: Nominee
- 2018, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Justin Timberlake — Husband
- Silas Randall Timberlake — Son
- Justin Biel — Brother
- Adam LaVorgna — Ex-significant Other
- Chris Evans — Ex-significant Other
- Jon Biel — Father
- Kim Biel — Mother
- Attended Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, United States
- Birth Name: Jessica Claire Biel
- Birth Place: Ely, Minnesota, United States
- Profession: Actor, Model