Hewitt seamlessly transitioned from cute kid to precocious teen to sexy leading lady, all in front of the camera. After a promising start on Kids Incorporated, where she showed off her singing chops, Hewitt appeared in a few small-screen duds before leaping to stardom on Party of Five. Although film parts followed (notably the horror hits I Know What You Did Last Summer, from 1997, and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, from 1998) her Party spin-off, Time of Your Life, quickly fizzled. Hewitt shifted her focus to music in 2002 by releasing the pop album BareNaked, which peaked at No. 37 on the Billboard 200; it was her fourth U.S. release. In 2005 she returned to her small-screen roots on the supernatural drama Ghost Whisperer. Off camera, Hewitt has worked with a handful of charities, including St. Jude's Children's Hospital and the Susan G. Komen Foundation. She also had a long-term relationship with actor Ross McCall, to whom she was engaged; their romance ended in 2009. Also away from the screen, Hewitt's appearance was the subject of criticism (though she frequently is listed in various magazines as among her day's most attractive actresses) for her weight, following publication of photos taken on a beach. She took the opportunity to discourage women from being obsessed with being thin. Her stance drew praise from the famous and not-famous alike, though she subsequently took off weight following the contoversy.
- Began singing at the age of 3; also took dance classes in ballet, jazz and tap as a child.
- Performed on stage for the first time at age 6, singing "The Greatest Love of All" and dancing.
- Toured Russia at the age of 9, as part of a dance troupe called the Texas Show Team.
- Her first album was released in Japan in 1992. She followed that up with four U.S. releases, starting in 1995.
- Named an Honorary Godmother for Audrey Hepburn's Children's Fund in 2002.
- Teamed up with writer Scott Lobdell to create the comic-book series Jennifer Love Hewitt's Music Box in 2009.
- Hobbies include roller skating and horseback riding.
- Is active in such charitable endeavors as St. Jude Children's Hospital, APLA, Project Angel Food and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2000, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series: Winner
- Danny Hewitt — Father
- Todd Hewitt — Brother
- Pat Hewitt — Mother
- Carson Daly — Ex-significant Other
- Ross McCall — Ex-fiancé
- Brian Hallisay — Husband
- Atticus James Hallisay — Son
- Autumn James Hallisay — Daughter
- Alex Beh — Ex-significant Other
- Jamie Kennedy — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Birth Place: Waco, Texas, United States
- Birthday: February 21, 1979, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Singer