Watching this actor is somewhat eerie since he sports the same disarming smile as his father---the late, great Three's Company star John Ritter---although unlike his dad he's made his name primarily in dramas, not comedies. The younger Ritter was 10 when he made his acting debut opposite his father (playing his son, of course) in the fantastical TV biopic The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story, but he didn't truly embark on an entertainment career until he enrolled in NYU's prestigious acting program. While still in school, he began landing guest spots and appearing on stage, but he broke through in 2003, appearing in the popular slasher flick Jason vs. Freddy and landing a plum role as an angry, wheelchair-bound teen in the divinely inspired drama Joan of Arcadia. Unfortunately, personal tragedy struck that same year when his father died suddenly of a previously undetected heart condition. But Jason persevered and continued to rack up impressive credits on both stage and screen, including tackling a sitcom role in the short-lived CBS series The Class (2006-07) and headlining the NBC action thriller The Event in 2010.
- Appears in the opening credits of Three's Company with Joyce DeWitt at the zoo.
- Appeared, at age 8, with Jack Black in a school production of Pippin.
- First professional job was opposite father John Ritter in the 1990 TV-movie The Dreamer of Oz.
- His big-screen debut was 1999's Mumford as Ted Danson's son.
- Founding member of New York City's Irreputable Theater Company.
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Carly Ritter — Sister
- Amy Yasbeck — Stepmother
- Dorothy Fay — Grandmother
- Stella Ritter — Half Sister
- John Ritter — Father
- Nancy Morgan — Mother
- Tex Ritter — Grandfather
- Marianna Palka — Ex-significant Other
- Melanie Lynskey — Fiancée
- Tyler Ritter — Brother
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York, United States (2002); attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: Jason Morgan Ritter
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: Actor