- Named the Funniest Person in Rhode Island in a Showtime-sponsored comedian search while she was still in college.
- Worked as a Boston bike messenger during the early days of her stand-up career.
- Married her then-boyfriend, writer Robert Cohen, in 1991 in Las Vegas as a joke; the relationship ended soon after, but they didn't bother to get divorced until 2012.
- Early TV work was on the sketch comedies the Ben Stiller Show and Saturday Night Live.
- Played Mabel, the grown-up daughter of Helen Hunt's and Paul Reiser's characters, in the 1999 finale of NBC sitcom Mad About You.
- Hosted a talk show on the now-defunct progressive radio network Air America Radio.
- Moved into more dramatic TV roles with one-season stints on West Wing, 24 and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.
- Named her entertainment company I Hate Myself Productions.
- Has several tattoos, including the word "Think" inked on her forearm.
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1996, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress for a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Mitch Rouse — Ex-significant Other
- Robert Cohen — Ex-husband
- Craig Bierko — Ex-significant Other
- Joan Garofalo — Mother
- Carmine Garofalo — Father
- Providence College, Providence, RI (BA in History, 1986)
Season 1, Episode 2
- Birth Place: Newton, NJ
- Birthday: September 28, 1964, Libra
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Writer, Radio host