This British beauty trained as a dancer (she was sidelined by injuries as a teenager) before becoming an actress with a long career. Although she's tackled a number of memorable movie roles---a Bond girl in Live and Let Die, an early-20th-century stage star in Somewhere in Time, a middle-aged sex kitten in Wedding Crashers---Emmy winner Seymour remains the queen of the small screen with myriad melodramatic miniseries and TV-movies on her résumé, not to mention a six-season stint as a feisty 19th-century feminist on the American western drama Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. But acting is by no means Seymour's only interest: The mother of four has published several self-help and children's books and devotes much of her time to charitable causes. She also briefly returned to dancing in 2005 when she signed on to Dancing With the Stars, a show her mother loved. Her mother passed away while Seymour was competing, but Seymour returned to the dance floor and dedicated her performance to her mother. Aside from the performing arts, Seymour has used her creativity to design clothing, bedding, furniture and jewelry. A prolific painter, Seymour has been painting since childhood and displays her work at art exhibits. Of all of her many passions, Seymour calls painting her "greatest joy."
- Dubbed "Queen of the Miniseries" (Richard Chamberlain was the king) for her string of small-screen roles from 1976 to '92.
- Popular movie roles include a James Bond girl in Live and Let Die (1973) and a randy upper-class mother in Wedding Crashers (2005), but her fans would likely consider her big-screen peak to be the 1980 cult romantic fantasy Somewhere in Time, opposite Christopher Reeve.
- Received a star on the Hollywood walk of fame in 1999 and was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire the following year.
- Purchased St. Catherine's Court, a 15th century historic manor house near Bath, England.
- Is dedicated to children's charities, including UNICEF, Make-A-Wish Foundation and Childhelp USA (which honored her with a "Woman of the World" award).
- Is the author of several self-help books and children's books.
- Has designed clothing, bedding and furnishings, and endorses the Natural Advantage skin care line, which bares her name.
- Is a prolific painter who has been painting since childhood and who showcases her work in art exhibits; she calls painting her "greatest joy."
- Became an American citizen in 2005.
- Competed on Dancing With the Stars in 2005 because her mother loved the show and because it gave her a chance to return to her love of dancing (injuries sidelined her in her youth).
- Teamed with Kay Jewelers in 2008 to design the "Open Hearts by Jane Seymour" jewelry collection; the open heart design was inspired by one of her paintings, and that name also graces one of her books.
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series: Nominee
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1988, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Special: Winner
- 1989, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1998, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1990, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1996, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1996, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1994, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1997, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- 1995, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Mieke Frankenberg — Mother
- Sean Flynn — Son
- Kalen Keach — Stepson
- Michael Attenborough — Ex-husband
- Sally Frankenberg — Sister
- John Benjamin Frankenberg — Father
- David Flynn — Ex-husband
- Kristopher Steven Keach — Son
- James Keach — Husband (separated)
- John Stacy Keach — Son
- Katie Flynn — Daughter
- Geoffrey Planer — Ex-husband
- Anne Gould — Sister
- Birth Name: Joyce Penelope Wilhelmina Frankenberg
- Birth Place: Hillingdon, England
- Birthday: February 15, 1951, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Painter, Author
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise is Home
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly