- His actress mother, Anita Morris, turned in memorable performances in the 1982 stage musical Nine and in the raucous, comical Rolling Stones' "She Was Hot" music video. Her 1994 death led to some dark moments in his youth.
- After an injury sidelined his college hockey aspirations, he turned his attention to acting.
- He worked in construction---at which he was not, by his own admission, very good---while studying acting and pursuing gigs in New York.
- Was cast in off-Broadway productions of Getting into Heaven in 2003 and Burleigh Grime$ in 2006.
- In 2004, he was nominated for a Teen Choice award for his work as Chase Edmunds on the third season of 24, a role he reprised for a video game based on the series.
- In 2005, he appeared on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami and CSI: New York.
- In his role on HBO's acclaimed 2010 miniseries The Pacific, he plays real-life marine Robert Leckie (whose writings inspired the program).
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Grover Dale — Father
- Anita Morris — Mother
- Attended Manhattanville College, Purchase, New York, United States
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: James Badgett Dale
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Birthday: May 1, 1978, Taurus
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet