This Omaha-born blonde left her humble beginnings behind when she became a famous fashion model as a teen. Prized for her personality as well as her beauty, King had trouble handling the high life and struggled with an addiction to heroin. After her photographer boyfriend died of an overdose in 1997, King cleaned up her act and slowly segued into an acting career by playing supporting parts in a number of features. After brief, high-profile romances with actors and rock stars, King settled down with director Kyle Newman in 2007. Her film career reached a new level soon after, as she achieved leading-lady status in genre movies like The Spirit (2008) and the 2009 My Bloody Valentine remake.
- Named for Jaime Sommers, the main character on the 1970s TV show Bionic Woman.
- Attended a local modeling school where, at 14, she was discovered by a New York agent; soon began appearing in magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Cosmopolitan.
- Went by the name James (her nickname) for a period of time because there was another model named Jamie King.
- Was ranked No. 16 on Maxim's 50 Sexiest Women list in 1999.
- First major acting job was the big-screen crime drama Blow (2001), in which she played the estranged daughter of Johnny Depp's character.
- Was a regular on several '00s TV series, including Kitchen Confidential, The Class and Gary Unmarried.
- Robert R. King — Father
- Sandi — Sister
- Nancy H. King — Mother
- Barry — Sister
- James Knight Newman — Son
- Leo Thames Newman — Son
- Kyle Newman — Husband
- Birth Place: Omaha, Nebraska, United States
- Birthday: April 23, 1979, Taurus
- Profession: Actor, Model