- Began designing clothes at age 13 for his mother's friends.
- Opened his own design business in 1987. Won numerous awards from the Council of Fashion Designers of America, including Designer of the Year.
- Earned an Emmy nomination in 1993 for Best Costume Design for his work in Liza Minnelli Live from Radio City Music Hall.
- The documentary Unzipped chronicled the making of his fall 1994 collection.
- Wrote a series of comic books, The Adventures of Sandee the Supermodel.
- Teamed up with Target in 2003, becoming one of the first high-end designers to create affordable clothing for the masses and inspiring other designers, including Vera Wang and Nicole Miller, to follow suit.
- Named the creative director of Liz Claiborne in 2008.
- Launched a lifestyle collection, Isaac Mizrahi Live!, on QVC in 2009. The brand features all of his favorite things, from apparel to home goods to cheesecakes.
- Has appeared as himself in a number of scripted series, including Spin City, Sex and the City, Ugly Betty and Gossip Girl.
- 1993, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Achievement in Costume Design for a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1996, Directors Guild of America Awards — Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentary: Nominee
- Sarah Mizrahi — Mother
- Douglas Keeve — Ex-significant Other
- Arnold Germer — Husband
- Zeke Mizrahi — Father
- Attended Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Birthday: October 14, 1961, Libra
- Profession: Designer, TV host
Trending TonightSee all »
Charlie Rose with Martha Stewart; Isaac Mizrahi, Mary Louis Wilson & Grace Mirabella; Rafael Vinoly; Anthony Haden-Guest (February 21, 1997)
By Charlie RoseBuy New: $24.95
By DamianiBuy New: $33.54
Charlie Rose with Ian Schrager, Niels Diffrient, Herbert Muschamp, Susan Yelavich & Steven Holl; David Rockwell; Isaac Mizrahi (December 29, 2000)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Buy New: $24.95