Born to a teen mother and aspiring actress, this brunette beauty worked as a model while still a child. As an adolescent, Combs switched her focus to performing and began landing supporting film roles. But television turned out to be her medium when, at 19, she signed on to David E. Kelley's Picket Fences, playing the savvy daughter of a small-town sheriff. During her tenure on that quirky drama, Combs appeared in a handful of TV-movies and married actor Bryan Travis Smith. But by 1997, she found herself divorced and, due to the show's cancellation, unemployed. Magic struck the next year when Combs won the career-making role of a modern-day witch on Charmed. As star and co-producer of the series, Combs got to kick butt in an array of sexy outfits while exuding keen intelligence and a fiercely maternal spirit. The occult hit also introduced her to her second husband, grip David W. Donoho, with whom she had a son in 2004. Following the end of Charmed in 2006, Combs scaled back her workload and added two more sons to her growing family over the next three years. But she returned to acting full force in 2010, joining the cast of the ABC Family drama Pretty Little Liars.
- As a child, hit a marble table while learning to walk, which caused the scar on her eyebrow.
- Was originally rejected for the role of Kimberly on Picket Fences; creator David E. Kelley had to persuade her to join the cast after he changed his mind about hiring her.
- Is an animal enthusiast and has a kennel for her dogs in her California home.
- Is close friends with former Charmed costar Alyssa Milano and was a bridesmaid at her wedding.
- Returned to series TV in 2010 with the ABC Family teen drama Pretty Little Liars.
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Kelley James Donoho — Son
- Finley Arthur Donoho — Son
- Lauralei Combs — Mother
- Riley Edward Donoho — Son
- David Donoho — Husband (separated)
- Bryan Travis Smith — Ex-husband
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: San Diego, California, United States
- Profession: Actor, Writer, Producer